PDA

View Full Version : New Set

The Hermit
01-24-2014, 08:22 PM
My Cabelas order just arrived including a dozen Flambeau Classic Mallards (drakes and hens) and 6 of the most beautiful FA Cntrl-Pacific Flyway Combo Pac - Wow they are really nice looking - Hope they hold up. Good sale...

BiG Boar
01-24-2014, 10:07 PM
I would look at clear coating them. They will peel within a few hunts otherwise. Ours did.

pnbrock
01-24-2014, 10:10 PM
fully flock them is the answer.

Foxton Gundogs
01-25-2014, 09:58 AM
I would look at clear coating them. They will peel within a few hunts otherwise. Ours did.

fully flock them is the answer.

You gotta watch if you clear coat they will shine like crazy in the sun if you don't use something anti UV. Flocking doesn't work real well on floaters as it will get really wet and rub off when you throw them in the bag. Personlay I have a couple of doz of Flambeaus in my collection and they get used probably more than most peoples in a season and I have not seen any more wear and tear on them than most of my others. They will do fine for you. Welcome to the insanity that's waterfowling, maybe we will share a blind sometime next year

BiG Boar
01-25-2014, 10:30 AM
Did you get mojos and remotes?

Dutch
01-25-2014, 10:59 AM
I found out my old floaters are brown underneath the paint now I just have a "hen" set :)

The Hermit
01-25-2014, 11:37 AM
Waiting to find a good sale on the MoJo. How many MoJo's re you guys using? There seems to be a few other manufactures out there (LuckDuck) and wondering if there is any big downside to them or just stick with the MoJo which seems to be the industry standard?

FirePower
01-25-2014, 01:18 PM
We have 8 mojos and a couple of Lucky Ducks, though seldom use more than 2 or 3 at a time. We find that on some ocassions they are magnets and on others will act like duck repelant. Personally I prefer the MoJos, that being said get the ones with the rechargable 6 volt battries not the ones that take AAs

Dutch
01-26-2014, 10:34 AM
Have a mojo and ,a "partner" of mine has three.They are ok but have had issues second set of wings for me and PN has had some problems as well I can tell by the swearing.I also have a robo duck that is 13 years old, still works, lighter ,no remote,does not like wind as the motor is weaker but can carry it out in a tackle box when i'm alone ,my experiences ...

bogman
01-26-2014, 10:51 AM
Have a mojo and ,a "partner" of mine has three.They are ok but have had issues second set of wings for me and PN has had some problems as well I can tell by the swearing.I also have a robo duck that is 13 years old, still works, lighter ,no remote,does not like wind as the motor is weaker but can carry it out in a tackle box when i'm alone ,my experiences ...

I still remember 13 years ago the first time we put that Robo Duck out........ still puts a smile on my face

Foxton Gundogs
01-26-2014, 11:11 AM
It was a slaughter when they first hit the fields back when for sure but ducks have evolved to them now. On good days robos are golden, on bad days they are duck kryptonite. I have both Lucky ducks and Mojos. I have never had a lick of problem with the Mojos but tons with the 2 way switches on the Lucky Ducks. For my money get a 2 pack of baby Mojos(drake and Hen) but as previously mentioned get the ones with the rechargeable battries, you should be good to go.

BrodieG
01-26-2014, 12:33 PM
The Mojos that run on regular batteries eat them. Full day your changing them atleast once! I had good luck with the mojos this year. Every time they were out we hammered more ducks. I have had good days with just 10-14 floaters as well but did notice a larger number of ducks commited to the setup with the mojos spinning away.

They are a good addition to a spread. If they ducks flare up and arent coming in take them out and see what happens!