PDA

View Full Version : Should I keep it?

Krico
02-03-2007, 03:51 PM
Upon opening the spotting scope I ordered last week, I noticed they sent me the angled model instead of the straight model. Angled would be nicer for bench shooting(which I do very little of) and looking at animals at a higher elevation than I am at. Peeking around boulders and over hilltops though you would be much more in the open. Any thoughts?

Mr. Dean
02-03-2007, 04:09 PM
Hey if it works for ya and is not an lesser value scope, keep it. Chances are they are trying to keep you happy because they are out of the model you want OR....

boatdoc
02-03-2007, 04:19 PM
if it works for u keep it ,i have found it hard to line up on a distant animal with the angled eye piece.just my 2 cents.

Kechika
02-03-2007, 07:09 PM
I use the angled eye piece.I find it much more comfortable on the neck.JMO

jethrobuddy
02-03-2007, 11:32 PM
Trade it for a straight-through model. My opinion is that, the straight model is easier to locate the target. Just my two bits.

Gateholio
02-04-2007, 12:38 AM
I like the straight eyepiece models the best

bigwhiteys
02-04-2007, 01:15 AM
A good tripod will keep your neck comfortable as well... I do think the straight bodied scopes are easier to get onto game quickly but I imagine an angled would be fine once you got used to it.

Happy Hunting!
Carl

Gateholio
02-04-2007, 01:50 AM
Some of the newere and higher end angle spotters employ a "twisting" mount, so it's possible to tilt the scope over and look through the eyepiece from "straigght" (but still at a sideways) angle.

I still thinkthe straigth one makes up in versatility what it loses in easy comfort, and lets face it- most tof the time when spotting for game, you end up in a funny sitting position anyway!8-)

Krico
02-04-2007, 09:43 AM
Well I think I'll send this one back and go with my original choice. The company I purchased from already offered to cover the shipping each way as it was their mistake. I am more concerned with versatility and ease of target acquisition than neck comfort at the range.

bigwhiteys
02-04-2007, 09:47 AM
I am more concerned with versatility and ease of target acquisition than neck comfort at the range.

Then definitely return it and get the straight bodied... What did you get... Zeiss, Swaro?

Carl

Krico
02-09-2007, 10:51 PM
What did you get... Zeiss, Swaro?
Carl

Not with my budget:cry: . I went for the Pentax PF 65 ED with 20-60 eyepiece. Great glass with a bulletproof warranty. Smash it to bits, send it in with $20 and they repair or replace. Got a great deal on a SHOT show demo.