PDA

View Full Version : indoor 3d

sealevel
01-31-2007, 07:57 AM
Last weekend i attended a 3d shoot in calgary . Those albertians sure no how to put on an indoor shoot--- lots of prizes .But i find it kind of high pressure . Four shooters shooting three arrows from the same stake in 5 minites. I have been to 3 of there indoor shoots and everytime i come aways shaking my head cause i can shoot better then that. Anyone wanting to try one of there shoots should try reddeer in march.

Bow Walker
02-01-2007, 08:38 AM
Not to dis a 3D shoot............but I found the first indoor shoot that I was at rather boring. Of course there were no shots over 23 yds so maybe that had some thing to do with it.

Flat floor (cement - hard on the back after a while) known distance and no interesting shots. Nothing to really challenge the shooter. But, as I said, this was my first indoor shoot.

I much prefer outdoor in natural surroundings.

sealevel
02-01-2007, 08:55 AM
I also perfure outdoor but i sure wouldn`t call these indoor shoots boring. 50 yard shots. yes its all flat but its sure not as easy as it looks. When was the last time you took a shot for 10 grand.

swamper
02-01-2007, 08:59 AM
I think we all prefer the outdoor shoots. But is sure nice to be able to start shooting 3-D as early as January, even if it is indoors. Several of us went up to the indoor at Vanderhoof in January and it was a lot of fun. Yardage can be very deceptive shooting indoors.

Bow Walker
02-01-2007, 09:05 AM
I also perfure outdoor but i sure wouldn`t call these indoor shoots boring. 50 yard shots. yes its all flat but its sure not as easy as it looks. When was the last time you took a shot for 10 grand.
As the mouse asked...

...after he was swallowed whole and the eagle flew back up to 2,000 feet, the mouse poked his head out of the eagle's butt and asked "How high up are we?"

The eagle glanced down and replied "Oh, about 2,000 feet."

The mouse then asked............wait for it.....wait for it..........

"You wouldn't crap me would you?"

10 large for one shot?!!? http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_34_2.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYJOCA)

What were the details of the shot?

sealevel
02-01-2007, 09:37 AM
one shot about 70 yards your arrow must go inside a little biddy piece of pipe. In reddeer they have been doing it for a couple years no body has won it yet.