PDA

View Full Version : Halibut somewhere?

Chuck
01-29-2007, 05:57 PM
My son bought a new truck and 23' trailer, so he offered to take me somewhere to catch a Halibut in the salt water sometime during 2007. I have no clue, neither does he. We will check the ads in magazines etc. It's probably going to be our one and only genuine safari to the Pacific Ocean, as we are both interior boys. Any free tips or hints? Thanks a lot in advance!
We're in Kootenays and are still only talking about it - as said "clueless" re saltwater etc.

Amphibious
01-29-2007, 06:11 PM
Rupert would be a good starting point :D

SAVAGE300
01-29-2007, 06:11 PM
Chuck, me and a buddy will be trying off of bamfield approx 5 to 7 miles out next month around the 3rd week, where bouts are you coming from. bring your prawn gear as well, will keep ya posted--- clay

BlacktailStalker
01-29-2007, 10:55 PM
Port Hardy is a good bet for early halis. They are the first point of land they hit as they naturally move south as the year progresses. Might be hard to get out as the fog can be thick and last for days but theres usually big results if you can.
For really good info on local fishing go to www.bcfishingreports.com (http://www.bcfishingreports.com)