PDA

View Full Version : A Word of Caution...

Bow Walker
01-29-2007, 05:41 PM
When you are at a shoot, or the practice range, or just getting your bow tuned at the local shop - don't put it down close to anyone else's bow.

Don't rack it so that it is "cheek-by-jowl" with a group of bows. By rack it, I mean putting it down in (or on) one of those floor stand style bow holders that can hold from 4 to 14 bows.

I happened to be using one at the last shoot that I attended. Plenty of shooters were doing the same thing so the bow rack was crowded. Anyway, when I picked up my "baby" to shoot I noticed that one of my fiber optic threads was broken.:mad:

I know darned well how careful I am, so I figure it had to have been someone who set their bow down beside mine (probably hoping some skill would rub off on to his/hers8) ).

Well........just be careful out there kids - it's a cold, cruel jungle.:frown:

Thank goodness for the Fitz Fiber threads.....they are very bright even when broken off at the pin!!

The Hermit
01-31-2007, 09:39 AM
Then last week at your practice session at VicBowMen some toad stole the head from your doinker! ( does that sound SO bad?? LOL)

I am coming over to The Urban Cup at 2:30pm today so will return it then. :redface:

BTW - The woman I am meeting is really is a prospective employee... just in case you are the kind of guy that would rat a buddy out to his wife! ;-) LOL

Franko Manini
01-31-2007, 11:14 AM
Then last week at your practice session at VicBowMen some toad stole the head from your doinker! ( does that sound SO bad?? LOL)

I am coming over to The Urban Cup at 2:30pm today so will return it then. :redface:

BTW - The woman I am meeting is really is a prospective employee... just in case you are the kind of guy that would rat a buddy out to his wife! ;-) LOL

FREEZE, terminology police here...

"Doinker" is a trade name for a specific product. The generic term is "stabilizer". I've see this in a few of your posts and heard it in a few of your conversations. And frankly, it's driving me crazy!

http://www.doinker.com/IP/index_r1_c1.gif

Oh, and you own a 1951 Winchester Model 70, not a 9151 Model 70 (see your post regarding staining your stock).

Man, I love making you wrong!

The Hermit
01-31-2007, 11:05 PM
Gee I'll have to put my "goggles" on when proofing my posts! http://www.members.shaw.ca/btozer/fight.gif

Franko Manini
02-01-2007, 12:30 PM
Gee I'll have to put my "goggles" on when proofing my posts! http://www.members.shaw.ca/btozer/fight.gif

For those of you who don't know Hermit that well, "goggles" = "glasses" = binoculars. So where you're out with him using bionos to spot spring bears on a distant slope, he'll be "goggling" instead of "glassing".

Geeze...

The Hermit
02-02-2007, 12:17 AM
Frank keeps his milk in the Kenmore... its a fridge dude, as in Frigidaire. Its a brand but also part of our nominclature! And I can "goggle" bears but can't oggle bear behinds, or google Barry's booty! Its against the rules!!

The Hermit
02-04-2007, 12:11 AM
Hey I bought a soft Limbsaver Head for my Doinker today! The bow is quieter now too!

Franko Manini
02-04-2007, 11:31 AM
Frank keeps his milk in the Kenmore... its a fridge dude, as in Frigidaire. Its a brand but also part of our nominclature! And I can "goggle" bears but can't oggle bear behinds, or google Barry's booty! Its against the rules!!

I think you mean BARE behinds... But if you want to oggle "BEAR" behinds, then like the old joke says,

"Bill, you aren't here for the hunting!"

If you quit your cryin, I'll pass you a tissue, but not a Kleenex (TM).

The Hermit
02-04-2007, 08:01 PM
Your so tough eh... I'll pass you a pine cone but no shop towels!!

Franko Manini
02-04-2007, 11:24 PM
Your so tough eh... I'll pass you a pine cone but no shop towels!!

Like you ever have shop towels...