PDA

View Full Version : River Otters

hunter1947
01-28-2007, 12:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO9RvgCx4BY

steel_ram
01-28-2007, 12:52 PM
Nice video of River Otters. They seem to being doing quite well. See them regularly when fishing. Apparently even sea otters are making a comeback and some have been spotted up off the NW coast of V.I.. Who knows, maybe one day Sooke.

Don't see too many Osprey around here. I have seen them down at Esquimalt Lagoon and there was an artificial nest built for them around Thetis Lake.

You guys are funning with me aren't you?

ruger#1
01-28-2007, 12:59 PM
I picked up an otter on the Abby mission hwy about three years back in the winter time, it must of weighed thirty pounds. it was big. it was hit by a car. seen them up the Harrison river. they are fun to watch.

kishman
01-28-2007, 04:13 PM
I fish the Skagit/Ross Lake in the summer, those knotheads will follow you in your boat/bellyboat 'till you hook a fish. The only way I've found to get rid of them is to "fake it" that is, shake your rod like you've got one. They'll come swimming right at you and then circle under you looking for their free lunch.
I do this half a dozen times or so, and they get sick of playing along and look elsewhere, this also works for Loons in on the interior lakes. Tight lines.

tmarschall
01-31-2007, 08:00 PM
Great shooting Wayne!!!

Phil
01-31-2007, 08:48 PM
Cute little guys! Nice camera work. My kids enjoyed watching that too.

dawn2dusk
02-01-2007, 09:34 AM
I fish the Skagit/Ross Lake in the summer, those knotheads will follow you in your boat/bellyboat 'till you hook a fish. The only way I've found to get rid of them is to "fake it" that is, shake your rod like you've got one. They'll come swimming right at you and then circle under you looking for their free lunch.
I do this half a dozen times or so, and they get sick of playing along and look elsewhere, this also works for Loons in on the interior lakes. Tight lines.

INtersting. I am going to try that on the harbour seals of Victoria waterfront. Lost 4 salmon last weekend to the buggers. Followed me all day like a floating fish and chip shop.

SteadyGirl
02-02-2007, 08:50 AM
Thanks for sharing! There are river otters in alot of the local alpine lake networks. Don't try sinking your food in a dry bag around here:lol: